Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter preparedness

There are so many things you need to do for winter preparations, but one I recently did for my peace of mind was to put an emergency box in my car.

This box has blankets, hat, gloves usual breakdown kit etc.

But also I have a vital set of supplies for my son: spare diapers - cloth (so one size fits all, therefore no worries about keeping current sizes), food, dry clothes etc.

Whilst I am not planning to take a drive in adverse conditions - weather can well ... sneak up on you! As a mom I do worry about worse case scenario's - possibly too much, that's up for debate. I do find that I can put those worries to good use. I think through all the supplies I would need if my son and I were stuck somewhere in the car and now having planned and packed for such an eventuality, I can at least rest my concerns about not being able to manage.

Also when coming home from a trip I fill up with fuel to ensure we always have a nearly full tank wherever we go.

In my house in the freezer - I have enough baby meals frozen to last til spring and some supplies to keep mum and dad going too! (Perhaps I was a squirrel in a past life?)

No comments:

Post a Comment