Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season!

Well, it's the last day of work before I get to enjoy two weeks off with my husband and son. I have all the Christmas to do's done (finally), all I need to do is a tidy up of the freezer and deep freeze to make space for the final batches of squash soup and squash puree and we can settle in for our first Christmas as a family!

Personally I think the key to enjoying the holidays (as almost anytime as a parent) preparation is key. The house is loaded up with food - adult and baby, all the gifts are bought, wrapped and under the tree, all the cards are sent, invites replied to.

We use cloth diapers so there is no chance of running out during the festive season and having a frantic search for an open store (yes I loaded up on eco detergent and no I have not yet experimented in making my own, but that is on my imminent to do list!)

I say I am taking two weeks off, but on that to do list are some books and products to review, but luckily all that I have planned can be done around my family and if I have to slip away and write for a bit, I can plan it around nap times.

This year I made it ... I arrived calmly at Christmas ready to enjoy catching up with friends and family. I didn't quite make my own self imposed deadline of everything bought by the end of November, but I came close! I will need to be more resolute next year. So glad tidings to all, if you are feeling the pressure, write down your to do's if it looks overwhelming - cut through the list and be ruthless, just get rid of anything that really is not important, it's the only way!

Deep breathes, relax and think of all your gratitudes! It's a wonderful season to look back over the past year, plan for the year ahead and to count your blessings - they are always there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment