Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Quiet time

My son has never been a good napper – he’d rather be up and about and seeing the world than close his eyes. Something we did early on and have continued to get benefit from is quiet time!

We do all the normal quietening bedtime things story books etc and we place him in his crib, often it takes a lot of complaining and soothing and then he settles down and just looks around the room, taking it all in and having that down time that babies so badly need to process all the days activities.

Reading this you may think we are missing his sleeping cues and putting him down at the wrong time, we’re not he just loves to fight sleep – if the sun is up, so am I! :)

Bedtime routine advice coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment