Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Jury is out, the teeth are in and it's a thumbs up on amber to the rescue!

Well December 15th was a great day in this household, we survived teeth 1 & 2 coming and only a few days apart, but about a week later major teething issues started again!

We'd had 3 sleepless nights in a row and then the 4th night the necklace had arrived, we did the usual bath and bed routine and put the necklace on. I can honestly say DH was sceptical, whilst I was hopeful!

The next morning after a wonderful night's sleep I felt like cart-wheeling around the neighbourhood to celebrate, but was still met with scepticism and now family expressing concern over safety. (If you are worried about safety of your baby wearing a necklace - you can consider the bracelets/ anklets, however I know that my baby is safe in his even and most importantly at night!)

The reason I say it is most important at night is the body’s natural levels of cortisol drop at night and this further increases the pain levels felt. Cortisol is a chemical hormone produced by your body to manage stress, be it physical, mental or emotional.

Fast forward to now - teeth 3 & 4 are in. There have been some red cheek days, but nothing like teeth 1 & 2 coming in. So I am sure beyond all doubt that this wonderful necklace made a huge difference to my little guy and reduced the suffering he had to go through.

In preparing to write this I went back over the details as to how these amazing necklaces work and well I've been telling to incorrectly. But I am sure you will forgive me - when I first got this I was sleep deprived, but just knew somehow it would work for my little one. I'd said it was drawing the acid out of the body and creating healing that way (which I think is relevant to the Hazelwood necklaces.) Oh well, here is really how it works!:

Baltic Amber is a resin and as it warms when in contact with the skin it releases healing oils containing succinic acid in, which is then absorbed through the skin and carried around the wearer's bloodstream. It has been used for hundreds of years as a natural pain relief.

The beads are non toxic and the string that holds them is knotted at each bead, so you need not worry about them scattering if it breaks, which it should do if necessary. This is another reason to not worry excessively about safety. The wonderful screw clasp closer is great and makes sense to me immensely.

12" necklaces are recommended for 0-3 years. The best way to measure your baby's neck is to use a soft string of wool, drape it around, mark it, then when removed - measure the length. It should not be long enough to be able to get into baby's mouth.

You are advised to remove for bathing - we don't always but then we only use organic baby cleaning products in the bath anyway.

So impressed am I about how well this has worked for my boy - I am ordering some as gifts and also one for myself to help with the joint pain I have suffered with all my living memory.

Hazelwood products also help with teething, eczema, acid reflux, digestive issues, joint pain and challenges due to excess acid in the body. As my son only has experienced teething issues so far we have just stuck with the Baltic Amber range.

Words do really fail to capture how pleased I am with this product and that I would not hesitate to recommend it very highly. I am not a gimmicky person and I never imagined I would put jewellery on my son, but I am very happy that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment