Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Where's Sophie?

After our wonderful trip where we went around visiting family, friends, London sights and eating out in restaurants etc I was pleased to return safely home with Sophie. For anyone who doesn't know who she is this is her. I had seen this squeaky giraffe around and wanted to ask people what and why, but never got the chance. Then my wonderful sister in law mentioned she had bought my boy one for xmas, but as he was suffering with his teeth at the time - she offered that he could have her earlier.

We accepted! Once here he seemed to like the look of her, but still it took about a week for her to magic her way into his mouth - I know odd for a baby! Anyway once there she has never gone far.

Not having had a favourite toy up until now (I had feared the idea of being somewhere and my little angel screaming for a forgotten toy) I was concerned about taking her with us, as her price tag is quite high - approx $25. Then I discovered the Sophie Saver - a local lady supplies these and they are the kind of genius that you wish you'd thought of. (Or in my case as with so many ideas thought of and then taken action over the idea... anyway!)

Now before going away and again lots whilst away I'd been thinking of creating a 'Where's Sophie' competition. In one of two forms 1) Each week 21st Century Mum publishes a photo and you have to find Sophie in the picture to win. 2) Each week you enter a picture of Sophie at some unusual location - top of a mountain, animal safari etc.

Later today will post the pick for this week's 'where's Sophie' - let your little ones have fun with this and see if they can see her. Then once I locate some prizes that I can give away, we will maybe go for the latter option of you dear readers supplying the best locations with Sophie photographed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment