Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Save yourself from Brain Freeze!!

I don't mean the sort you get from drinking a nice ice drink!

I read this article and with the cold cold weather being experienced by many - it's good to take heed!

As mentioned in a previous post I have emergency supplies in the car, to get us through for a while, which is a start.

This article, based on recent tragic events in snowy conditions in Canada, looks at Hypothermia - how try to avoid, spot the signs that you or someone has it and what you can do.

Other pearls from me that we hear all too often, but many shrug off, don't travel if you don't have to, check the weather before you set off, include provisions in your car, even on short journeys. Last month an elderly couple in Scotland took a short trip, very unprepared and ended up stuck for 17 hours for what should have been a 40 minute journey.

Wrap up and take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment