Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Clean machine!



If you are anything like me - you were happy before that you home was 'clean', but when a baby arrives in the house you feel the need for it to be more than just clean! So for me the homemade sanitiser came to the rescue!

I'm not saying that my house is now totally germ free, but I have piece of mind that I have sanitised all key surfaces and I keep them that way.

Using an empty household cleaner bottle - I mix a tablespoon of bleach with a quart of water (2 Pints/ 32 oz/ 4 cups), then make sure it is labelled and keept on hand in the kitchen. I use this up fairly quickly and then just make some more fresh, if you want to make larger quantities you can use a quarter cup of bleach to a gallon of water.

If you are worried you have put in too much bleach - you always have the sniff test! The bleach smell should not be too strong.

Also a word of caution - if you are a fan of homemade cleaners, be careful not to mix with cider vinegar or acid, as it gives off a toxic gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment