Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's a boy!

Well it's been a whirlwind - packing up and leaving my home country of England to move to Canada with my husband, giving away so many possessions (& unbeknown to me at the time - losing some more in transit!)

Our new life is very fortunately going to be starting off under my in-laws roof, whilst we house hunt and find a car etc. We are very lucky to have this welcoming home to come into, little did we (or they) know that two weeks later I would be holding a positive pregnancy test and life was never going to be the same again!

Statistically some mums will suffer morning sickness, most of those who do - it passes by manageably and usually around the 12 week mark. Less than 10% of sufferers go beyond the 16 week stage, sadly I can count myself amongst their number!

I cannot imagine what was going through the minds of my husband's family having this woman move in and less than three weeks later she confines herself to the 'smallest room in the house'!

This is the reason why I waited until my son was 6 months old to recount the wonderful joys of my journey into motherhood and beyond!

I look back fondly at the day we had the scan and got the news that we were expecting a boy, my heart was overjoyed. We both know that it wouldn't have matter either way: pink or blue, but now my growing bump had an identity... our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment