Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Having it all!

The term - having it all makes you imagine someone with a cool calm character, successful career, wonderful loving family, great holidays - home cooked meals always and so on.

Believe me - in trying to 'have it all' work and a life, there are many times I just feel like - I am just doing it all. I am not trying to complain and right now I shouldn't as baby girl is sleeping peacefully next to my computer and I am getting time to catch up on work and writing.

We are just over the crest of the hill of back to back illnesses, yikes a family taken out by stomach flu - is not a pretty sight, just as I was getting through the laundry back log - bam: ear, nose and throat infections! I took my eye off the ball and whilst DS was on antibiotics I was not topping him up with probiotics, so just as we were coming to the end of the course, bam a heavy heavy cold, made worse by another of the two year molars trying to work it's way through!

This winter needs to get harsh and stay that way for a few weeks and then kill off all these germs. Playdates and 2 days in childcare - just keep it all circulating!

I am hoping beyond hope that if I join the modern world by getting an Android phone, that I can get even more work done. It takes DD a lot to get to a deep enough sleep that I can put her down even if just alongside me, it doesn't matter what wrap or baby carrier I use - wearing her and computer use is challenging. In a month or two I will be able to do a back carry with her, which will help tonnes when trying to get work done, not just at my computer.. I have a big cook coming up and erm that's gonna be tricky. DH is kindly gonna help with lots of the food prep first, which will help.. anyway I will worry about that another day! At least a phone in my hand whist holding a sleeping baby is do-able, the cooking.. um will just have to stick to the easiest marinade based ones this time!

I think today wouldn't seem so bad if I hadn't got kids with germs and am fighting off a tickly throat. I'm really putting my excellent vitamins to the test at the moment!

Well having it all isn't always a breezy walk in a sunny park with a kid on the hip and a phone to the ear.. sometimes it is struggling to meet deadlines, find enough clean clothes for Sunday lunch at grandma's and to then be able to string a sentence together!

For all those have it all moms who are also a bit snowed under too - I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment