Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

restin up and radio silence

sorry for the silence.

Early sept I went into early labour and have since been trying to slow things done.. whilst filling the freezer with home cooked meals and working more hours than ever before!

I owe a debt of gratitude to my inlaws for all their additional help as I am on no lift duties and my son is now 28lbs and still loves being lifted up lots!

I cannot believe how much time has gone by, didn't mean to neglect this blog so much.

Still need to do more trimming of chores as life is mega busy and baby girl is not even here yet... deciding to maybe cull the chickens over winter.. wasn't the original plan, we had the heat lamp ready, but not yet got the power source sorted and so many more reasons!

There maybe lots of roasts and stock in the near future, keeping the meat rabbits over winter as planned as they will just be fine inside the shed and believe it or not they represent a greater $ investment, or will do by the end of Jan when they are ready to reproduce!

So next spring we will probably start again with new chickens and each only needs to produce 5 boxes of eggs and they have paid for themselves, in purchase cost at least. By the start of next winter we should all be square again, but I will be honest it's not so much the dollar and cents, it's the knowledge of the healthy life we give them, the enjoyment of caring for them as well as the opportunity for our children to grow up knowing eggs come from chickens!

Sorry for the infrequent posts, I hope to be closer to back on track now!

No comments:

Post a Comment