Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Canning planning!

I'm getting excited to plan my canning event with my sister in law.

After years of yearning to can, last year I began - it was only a minor entry into the canning leagues, but I still can remember in the spring one day - hubby and I hunting the kitchen for some impromptu dessert and finding the last can of locally grown peaches (next year planting our own fruit and nut trees are on my agenda.. I just need to negotiate with hubby - the removal of some of his beloved cedar trees first!) anyway they were a forgotten and most enjoyed treasure!

This year I want to can everything! But I know I won't and can't so I'm about to sit down with pen and paper and look at what is ready in my garden and the local market, how many jars I have saved up and realistically how much time I honestly have!

I am very bad for planning/ hoping to 'do it all' then being disappointed with myself when I cannot achieve the impossible... so I am working on that.

I'm beginning to lose focus and am drifting into my thoughts of canned peaches, salsa, tomatoes, home made tomato sauce - I can't wait to get away from the store bought version!

All suggestions of favourite canning recipes are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment