Ever since I was little I admired street artists and Guinness record breakers performing the art of plate spinning, years later my daily life feels just like that. I have many commitments up in the air.. trying manically to keep them all turning - a 2 yr old, a 1 year old, work, husband, animals and the house... Dashing to and fro, hoping to just keep them all turning!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm loving the Miserly Moms Book!

Just got it from the library a few days ago (see I am frugal - I borrow not buy books) - I get to read a little bit each evening - whilst herding our chickens! [We have 3 chickens and 2 temporary interloper chickens. They have a big hen palace and run, but love to stretch their wings and rummage through the garden and compost heap of an evening... we just don't have a fence yet, so I have to keep them on our plot! I am starting to think our neighbours now sit out each evening just waiting for this spectacle!]

Back to the book - I am naturally 'sensible' with money, but with my belly expanding it is a constant reminder that soon our family will grow, my time will shrink further and food costs will keep rising... so something needs to change... I then found this book and already have seen a number of ways already I can track better, plan better and live better... on less!

Also I have been looking at ways to increase my income streams.. as my work requires me to be attached to a laptop with a headset and to have no background noise.. so far with one baby and childshare / workshare with hubby that has worked out! Who knows when number two comes along how she will fit in, what her personality and needs will be! So I have been adding new ways to make an income that would not be affected by/ can be worked around family! I will write more on this (sometime I promise!)

The core message of the book helps families looking to live on one income whilst one parent stays home... our setup is a little different we have opted for both parents to parent, but sadly two part time incomes don't quite yet add up to one full time one - so we need this book more than most!

As for our life choices - I would not change a thing! My husband and son have a wonderful bond and our boy gets to have loud and busy play with daddy in the mornings, but also get a completely different take on life with mummy in the afternoons - play dates, swimming, gardening and much much more!

I'd love to write more - but in essence - this book is good, it has more applications for my life than I had hoped for! Go read a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment